Wednesday 7 October 2009

Wednesday

Call me lazy but when the day starts with your alarm clock going off at five-something, you know it’s not going to be a good one! But there I was at 6.45am this morning, waiting for the work express. The reason – a breakfast meeting but sometimes I think the people in Trades Description would have something to say about that claim (the breakfast part, not the meeting bit!).

So at around 8am a group of sleepy looking people were pouring coffee so strong you could tarmac the roads with it, waiting for the meeting to begin and more importantly, the breakfast rolls to arrive. And were we in for a letdown. Congealed egg or fatty bacon on a marg smeared bap really doesn’t really cut the mustard with me and by the amount left at the end of the meeting, they didn’t with anyone else. And you can’t blame fact that it’s been credit crunched either as you’d have a shock if you knew how much companies pay for these in-house crap-baps! Give me a baby George and a few supplies from Tesco and I could’ve done better for a fraction of the price – Hmmmm, now that would be an interesting career change for me……..

What made it worse was the fact that I went a bit crazy at the gym last night, to make up for Monday’s impromptu tapas-for-a-tenner evening. Doing two classes back to back, when you’re already tired is hard work and makes you REALLY hungry the next morning. So lesson learnt today – next time I’m having a breakfast meeting, eat before it or bring my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment